1.20.2014

Hello & A Sneak Peek

Hello everyone! Today I have a fun watercolored card to share along with a sneak peek  First up is a sneak peek of my layout that I'm sharing over at Nani Ke Ola. It features colorful patterned paper from Glitz Designs Finnley Collection and some fabulous embellishments from Heidi Swapp's Mixed Company Collection. You can check out my entire post HERE.


Next up I have this fun little watercolored card to share that I created with some orange cardstock, Paper Wings Productions stamps, some ink, water, and twine. You would never know if but that adorable little owl is from one of Paper Wings Productions Halloween themed stamp sets.


I had lots of fun making this one. I started by stamping a text background in a light brown onto a white piece of cardstock. Then I took the owl image from the Witchy Halloween set, inked him up with the same light brown ink and sprayed it with some water before stamping him onto my cardstock. By inking up your image and then spraying it with water will give it a watercolored look. Afer I had all the owls stamped in the light brown I took the same image ( the owl ) and ink it up with a darker shade of brown and stamped it directly over the lighter ones. To finish the card I added a small strip of patterned paper, some twine, and a sentiment. Thanks for visiting.


Supplies: Cardstock- White & Orange / Patterned Paper- K&Company Ancestry.com Mat Pad / Paper Wings Productions Stamp Sets- Vintage Technology Clear Stamp Set & Witchy Halloween Cling Stamp Set & Text Cling Stamp Set / CTMH Ink Pads- Bamboo & Chocolate / Twine

1 comment:

Shay said...

Hello Amber! Loving the look of your scrapbook layout (that paper collection is awesome, right?) and love how you used the owl in a hello card. Sweet!